Pages

Monday 25 June 2012

5 Songs I Like This Week

1. Breezeblocks by Alt-J - recommended by NME, this super-catchy song has been in my head all week, and mixes Grizzly Bear esque vocals with Everything Everything style electronics. Listen here.
2. I'll Be Alright by Passion Pit - another song from their new album, and just as upbeat and summery as 'Take a Walk', this is making me very excited about seeing them at Reading festival. Listen here.
3. Lift Off by Jay Z, Kanye West & Beyonce - doesn't really need any explanation, just watch Jay Zs epic performance at Hackney Weekend on Saturday. Also I want to be adopted by Jay Z and Beyonce. Listen here.
4. Shake It Out by Capital Children's Choir - a beautiful cover of possibly my favourite FATM song. Listen here.
5. Liquorice by Azealia Banks - I could still listen to 212 on repeat and not get bored, but for those who want some new Azealia stuff to listen to, this doesn't disappoint. The video is amazing aswell, shot by none other than Rankin and featuring Azealia sporting some of SS12s biggest trends. Listen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment